This page contains embedded Quicktime videos which may not work with Safari.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Paint Effects: Maya Software vs. Renderman

I started attempting to customize a brush in Maya Paint Effects. The results were surprisingly lovely! I referenced a texture map as a starting point, and Maya Software handled it very well; it looks natural. Unfortunately when I attempted to render the scene with Renderman, I got a very different result (see below). No amount of brush tweaking has gotten me close to the Maya Software render. While I am much more familiar with Renderman than Maya Software, I may have to use the latter since the resulting renders are so beautiful and paint-like.
More testing is in order.

Texture map with alpha























In motion, the brush strokes look a bit strange. I seem to be getting some "crawling" textures.
HI RES

No comments:

Post a Comment